- Saint Lucia is the only country in the world named after a woman. It was named after Saint Lucy of Syracuse by the French.
- China is spending $3 billion dollars to build panda shaped solar farms in order to get more young people interested in renewable energy.
- While hunting, stoats go crazy jumping, spinning, and twisting to get a rabbits attention. This hypnotizes the rabbit until the stoat gets close enough to attack.
- The average American child is given $3.70 per tooth that falls out.
- To properly write adjectives in order, you would list them by amount, value, size, temperature, age, shape, color, origin, and material.
- I Will Always Love You was originally written and recorded in 1973 by Dolly Parton. It was written as a farewell to her mentor of seven years.
- “Opposites attract” is a common myth. People are actually attracted to people who look like family members, or those with a similar personality type.
- Llamas can be used as guards against coyote attacks on sheep herds. Studies have proven that just one guard llama is an effective protector and can even kill the attacking coyotes.
- The unique smell of rain actually comes from plant oils, bacteria, and ozone.
- If you heat up a magnet, it will lose its magnetism.
- The most expensive virtual object is “Club NEVERDIE” in the Entropia Universe which is worth $635,000. It was originally bought at $10,000.
- Cruise ships have morgues that can store up to 10 bodies at once. The average amount of people that die on cruise ships per year is 200.
Fun facts courtesy of https://www.thefactsite.com/1000-interesting-facts/2/